Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] xen on hp rx2600

To: Aron Griffis <aron@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] xen on hp rx2600
From: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 14:53:54 -0700
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 21:52:46 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 16:37 -0500, Aron Griffis wrote:
> I'm trying to bring up xen on hp rx2600, changeset 7d81d6b8c302 from
> today.  Here is what I'm seeing.  Debugging suggestions?

> (XEN) Boot processor id 0x0/0x0
> Boot processor id 0x0/0x0

nosmp option on the dom0 boot parameters maybe?

> ************* SYSTEM ALERT **************
> SYSTEM NAME:
>
> 08 Nov 2005 19:05:07
> Alert Level 3: Warning
> Keyword: BOOT_SLAVE_NO_FINAL_WAKEUP_VECTOR
> Slave wakeup before vector registered
> Logged by: System Firmware  1
> Data: Implementation dependent data field
> 0x7680005B01E002C0 0000000000000001
>
> A: ack read of this entry - X: Disable all future alert messages
> Anything else skip redisplay the log entry
> ->Choice:a

This is being generated by the MP.  The current default seems to be
building a non-SMP xen and running an SMP dom0 kernel on it.  Presumably
you're getting this warning because we sent an IPI to the 2nd CPU to
wake it up, but firmware has nowhere to send it.

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Linux & Open Source Lab