[Xen-ia64-devel] RE: DomU can progress to xen_init from serial output

To: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: DomU can progress to xen_init from serial output
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:53:07 -0800
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 02:50:03 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Did you see ""unknown hypercall ..." warning on the console?
> Following patch is aimed to solve that issue.

No, just the 'Operation not permitted' message.

> Also which changeset are you working on? Simply tip or you
> add something upon tip? Usually -EACCES errno is related to
> environmental issue. For example, you may see -EACCES if your
> control panel is compiled with different version as Xen
> (different interface version number). Also many ACM
> interfaces may return -EACCES but I think it hasn't make
> effect on ia64 yet.

It was tip (7503) on xen-ia64-unstable and I also
tried tip of xen-unstable with the same result.
I did a complete 'sudo make install' from tools
and removed xenstored/* before trying it.  Perhaps
there is some other vestigial files from a previous
installation?