[Xen-ia64-devel] Failed patches may cause multi-domain problems

To: <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] Failed patches may cause multi-domain problems
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:55:17 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:52:34 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just noticed that the ia64-specific driver patches in
linux-2.6-xen-sparse/arch/ia64/xen/drivers/patches that
are automatically applied as part of the build process
are no longer applying cleanly.  The partially patched
files still compile cleanly so there is no warning other
than the patch failure messages that scroll by quickly.

It is possible that one or more of these failed patches
is a reason that multi-domain/virtual-I/O is not working.

I will be tied up in all-day meetings the next two days
so may not have any time to fix these or try out correctly
patched files, but if someone else (Kevin?) is working
on debugging multi-domain, this should be looked at.

Dan

P.S. These patch files should not exist... these are
more leftovers from not being able to remove all
x86-arch-dep features from the driver files and
replace with arch-neutral calls.  It would be nice
to get these fixed before 3.0 freezes.