Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [Patch] gcc3.4 build patch

Le Mardi 18 Octobre 2005 01:36, Yang, Fred a écrit :
> Akio,
[...]
> takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I make a build patch.
> >
> > My machine environment is RHEL4(ia64) and gcc3.4.3.
> > I saw xen/arch/ia64/tools/README.xenia64 and README.xenia64linux.
> > Then I tried to build xen-ia64-unstable.hg/xen, but I couldn't
> > complie it.
> > So, I make a build patch.
> >
> > Next trying, I think I would make a build patch
> > for xenlinux-ia64-2.6.12.hg and xen-ia64-unstable.hg/tools/ .
[...]
Welcome!

I also recently came into the Xen developement.  Xen-ia64 is very beta, and
running it is not easy at the first time.

Here are a few items (please correct if I am wrong):
* You should select the bvt scheduler (in elilo.conf append="XXX sched=bvt
YYY").  The default scheduler SEDF might work, but it is not as stable as
bvt.

* You should use nomca and nointroute options for linux (in elilo.conf
append="XXXX -- nomca nointroute"

* Xen do not compile with gcc 4.  I hope to fix many issues soon.

* Currently domain creation is broken.  You can only use domain0.

* If you are using a Montecito, please use the latest dev elilo, which flush
the cache.

Do not hesitate to ask questions here.  I would have planned to write an howto
install Xen-ia64, but I had not time and things change everyday!

Tristan.