RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: [elilo-discuss] a patch to make elilo loadanoth

To: "Magenheimer, Dan \(HP Labs Fort Collins\)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>, "Xu, Anthony" <anthony.xu@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: [elilo-discuss] a patch to make elilo loadanother module
From: "Yang, Fred" <fred.yang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:28:46 -0700
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 04:27:00 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) wrote:
> Great!  I would be happy to try out a preliminary
> version of these instructions... Last Friday, I managed
> to trash one disk on my test machine and partially trash
> another, both running RHEL3.2.  Rather than reinstall 3.2
> and then install RHEL4 a few days later, I will just
> wait and go straight to RHEL4.
Attached is a Knowhow to create elilo patch for loading kernel as
module, as well as Xen patch for Vti.
Please note this patches are only a tempory patches, we will come out
yet another patch in a couple days.
Current kernel input can only be unzipped image.  The next patch will
make "module" as the deafult linux kernel and do the corrsponding unzip
within elilo.  The system.h patch will be surrounded with "#ifdef
CONFG_Xen".  Xen patch will also include non-VT-I patch code (but
without validation due to target linux issue :()
-Fred