RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: Updating to xen-unstable... results inXenfreeze

To: "Yang, Fred" <fred.yang@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: Updating to xen-unstable... results inXenfreeze
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 07:43:34 -0700
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 14:41:52 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I seem to be having some hg problems.  I successfully
pulled the -Intel tree but hg update seems to get stuck.
I finally had to interrupt it after 10 minutes because
I am working at home and need to leave for work.
I'll try again later, but anybody else seen this problem
and know how to fix it?

Dan

====

[djm@kirby xen]$ hg pull
http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/xen-ia64-unstable-Intel.hg
pulling from http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/xen-ia64-unstable-Intel.hg
searching for changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file revisions
modified 300 files, added 15 changesets and 378 new revisions
(run 'hg update' to get a working copy)
[djm@kirby xen]$ hg update
[... freezes here for >10 minutes!]

ps -l shows.

0 D djm      24318 24166 32  85   0    - 13748 io_sch 08:29 pts/2
00:02:43 /usr/local/bin/python /usr/local/bin/hg update

and top shows it using between 5% and 16% of cpu.