RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Problems with Xen/ia64 on xen-unstable tip

To: "Magenheimer, Dan \(HP Labs Fort Collins\)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Problems with Xen/ia64 on xen-unstable tip
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 18:13:27 +0800
Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:12:13 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, Dan,
        I sent out a question to xen-dev-list for possible issue within
sedf scheduler, which makes IDLE domain scheduled more than Dom0.
Previously based on BVT scheduler, IDLE domain will never be scheduled
once dom0 is up to run, unless dom0 explicitly requests to sleep (Should
be no requests on transparent xenolinux by far?). So this may be a clue
for you considering from context switch point which will happen now even
when dom0 is running. Some code may not apply to IDLE domain...

        Actually we already encountered a similar issue on VTI, with
patch attached where IDLE domain has different context as Dom0. Due to
bad fact that I never tried your xenolinux successfully, so only some
though provided and hope helpful.

Thanks,
Kevin