RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Uncached offset: Region 6 -> lower half ofVTi-reser

To: "Magenheimer, Dan \(HP Labs Fort Collins\)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Uncached offset: Region 6 -> lower half ofVTi-reserved VM space
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:51:02 +0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 05:50:07 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You change seems clean to understand. Before submitting a patch for VTI,
I'd like to confirm one thing: whether you want to split cache/uncache
access in different region, or in same region? It seems cleaner to stay
with different region, as Linux currently does. Then if still in region
6 for "uncached" area, 0xd000000000000000 is just same effect as
0xf000000000000000 to hide one bit to guest.

Thanks,
Kevin