[Xen-ia64-devel] RE: Implementing both (was: Xen/ia64 - global or per VP

To: "Munoz, Alberto J" <alberto.j.munoz@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: Implementing both (was: Xen/ia64 - global or per VP VHPT)
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 19:29:45 -0700
Cc: ipf-xen <ipf-xen@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 May 2005 02:29:38 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I _was_ proposing that both mechanisms be present at run time,
but not necessarily permanently -- just to allow easier
testing/comparison during development. By the time we have
real users doing lots of domains, I would hope we would
have enough data to make a decision.

Compile-time option would be OK too, but I suspect it
will lead to a debate about what the distribution-default
should be :-) or it will keep changing back and forth
depending on who did the last checkin :-)

Either way is OK with me.