RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] lsapic deliver external IRQ

To: "Dong, Eddie" <eddie.dong@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] lsapic deliver external IRQ
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 20:42:53 -0700
Delivery-date: Sun, 01 May 2005 03:42:27 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
While Xen/ia64 is executing, interrupts are generally enabled
(and, indeed, may even nest).  If, while Xen is executing,
an interrupt arrives that results in a pending interrupt
for the currently active guest domain, the interrupt needs
to be immediately delivered/injected.  That's why vcpu_pend_interrupt
is called when Xen is about to return to the active domain.
Without this check it might be a very long time before the
guest gets the interrupt.