[Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Xen Document Day : Thank You!

To: Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Xen Document Day : Thank You!
From: eva <evammg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:10:24 +0100
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 01:12:04 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 3 November 2011 14:48, eva <evammg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 27 October 2011 16:23, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everybody!
> > I wanted to thank you for helping out with the document day. As far as I
> > can see, we got quite a bit of stuff done:t, etc.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > What did surprise me, is how little documentation for users there actually
> > is on the Wiki. I thought we were in bad shape, but not that bad. Have to
> > think about how to address this.
> >
> > We are also working on setting up a new wiki and then find a way to start
> > migrating content over. It may make sense to have regular document days.
> > Any views?
> >
> > Regards
> > Lars
> >

> Hello,
>
> My name is Eva and I am a newbie to Xen. The purpose is to make Xen
> works in our data center, as part of a research in the Ministry of
> Science in Spain, and hopefully move forward if things going as
> expected.
>
> So I am concerned about the documentation. I have created a twitter
> account for this:
>
> http://twitter.com/xenspain
>
> to post all the documentation related with Xen in Spanish when
> possible. Anyone that wants me to post articles in this twitter
> account, please just email me.
>
> Translating the documentation into Spanish is going to be a hard work,
> so if there's anyone that wants to help, it'll be welcome.
>
> So, at this point, I wonder where to post the translations. Maybe the
> bet the best place is the Xen wiki site. But I dont know if you guys
> agree or if you are ready now for this change.
>
> I'd like to translate not just the documentation of the wiki, but also
> any article I consider relevant on the web, like this one:
>
> http://blogs.oracle.com/wim/entry/linux_mainline_contains_all_the
>
> If no place is made for the spanish translation at the xen wiki, then
> I'll create a site to place the translations. No problem, just let me
> know what suits you the best.
>

> Regards

Hello,

As I said, I have started working on the documentation in Spanish.
I have decided to separte the articles from what is considered
"proper" documentation.
For the articles translated, I have just created a blog on blogger:

http://xenspain.blogspot.com/

For the documentation, I have created a repository on github and I
have uploaded the documentation to readthedocs:

http://readthedocs.org/docs/xenspain/en/latest/

I am aware you just changed the wiki. What I will probably do, is a
mix of both new and old wiki, translating some things from the old
wiki and some others from the new one, into Spanish.

Just letin' you know

Regards

Eva