[Xen-devel] Allowing several mappings of a frame

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Allowing several mappings of a frame
From: Mohammad Hedayati <hedayati.mo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 00:46:47 +0330
Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 14:22:39 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Xen currently allows granting a single frame to several domains,
several times (to map or copy). Though the feature itself seems
appealing, I wonder if there's a real use case in any ports or PV
aware applications (i.e. a page is mapped or copied by more than 2
domains). Is there?

Except the condition outlined above, PGC_count_mask part of a
page->count_info can be more than 1?

Thanks,
Mohammad