Re: [Xen-devel] make install not creating lib entries in /usr/lib under

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] make install not creating lib entries in
/> It might be nice if there was a single variable which could be set to
> control this behaviour, or even better if it can be automatically
> detected. I'm also inclined to suggest that the default should be to
> use /usr/lib and leave the lib64 thing as a RH special case, but then
> I'm a Debian user so I would think that ;-)

At the very least we ought not to dump things in /usr/lib64 unless it
already exists and is distinct from /usr/lib.

We should think about multiarch too at some point.

Ian.