Re: [Xen-devel] pv-grub Solaris support

To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <list@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] pv-grub Solaris support
From: Kasper Brink <K.Brink@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 23:55:05 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 14:55:57 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Fajar,

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 03:51:33AM +0700, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> Can you also create a patch for pygrub?

I haven't tested it, but it seems as though pygrub should already support
ZFS via libfsimage, and it also contains some Solaris-detection logic.
Perhaps the the ZFS version in libfsimage needs updating, though.

> Your patch style looks weird though. You're creating a new patch file,
> stubdom/grub.patches/60zfs_solaris.diff, which patches other patch
> files? Or is it simply manual merging problem?

Yes, I agree this is a bit awkward. I tried to stick to the way that
pv-grub is currently built: the Makefile downloads the original upstream
sources of grub-0.97 from GNU's ftp site, and then applies the set of
patches in stubdom/grub.patches to it.

The patch attached to my email (pv-grub_solaris.patch) creates a new file
stubdom/grub.patches/60zfs_solaris.diff (which contains the Solaris-related
changes to grub-0.97), and modifies stubdom/grub/Makefile (to include
several new source files into pv-grub). Sorry if I didn't make this clear!

Best,

Kasper