Re: [Xen-devel] RE: Stability report GPLPV 0.11.0.308

Hello James,

12961573357740: *** Assertion failed: pi.curr_mdl
12961573357740: ***   Source File:
c:\projects\win-pvdrivers.hg\xennet\xennet6_tx.c, line 308

I took this report about a problem you had with "tx" to modify my tests and to make them mostly tx-based while previously they were mostly rx-based. Tests are running for 2d 18h now - no problems so far.

I wanted to tell you about one interesting observation. In my tests I did two runs with modified xenvbd drivers. In run #1 I switched to the scsiport driver of 0.11.0.312 and this made one domU crash after one day while with 0.11.0.312 storport version I always had more than 9 days (as I reported earlier). In run #2 I forward-ported xenvbd from 0.11.0.213 (which is totally stable on our systems) and again one domU crashed after one day. This is really interesting and leads me to two thoughts:

1) xennet has some problem, but still why does scsiport vs. storport make a difference then? 2) perhaps there is some new bug outside xennet and outside xenvbd (some infrastructure thing: event handling, PCI, ...) and this is the real reason.

Can you have a look in your logs for anything like this? I'm curious as
to if we are chasing the same problem or a different one.

I am not running kernel debugging so far (have played with it though). So I cannot say.

Regards Andreas