[Xen-devel] ring buffer overflow

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] ring buffer overflow
From: David Xu <davidxu06@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 00:18:01 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 21:18:59 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Does anybody know whether the ring buffer between front end and back
end will suffer from overflow? I just wonder if the ring buffer will
be full and drop some packets when the Net I/O load is very heavy.
BTW, If I want to change the size of i/o ring buffer, how should I do?
I tried to reset the NET_TX_RING_SIZE and NET_RX_RING_SIZE in both
front end and back end, but it seems doesn't work. Thanks.

Regards,
Cong