Re: [Xen-devel] dom0 kernel

On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 09:11 +0100, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> Hello. What kernel version is the best to use for dom0 under debian?
> Now i see, that kernel 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 panic under heavy network
> load.

Can you give us a pointer to your Debian bug report on this issue
please.

> What is the best - get kernel from official debian packages (may be in
> sid...) or compile from git and use?

Sid currently has 3.0 packages in it and experimental has 3.1-rc$late.
If you want a more recent 2.6.32.x then git is the only real option.

> If i need 2.6.x kernel (becouse some packages not ready to run under
> 3.x) where i can find current stable xen git tree?

Jeremy's tree is https://github.com/jsgf/linux-xen while kernel.org is
down. Konrad's temporary tree is git://oss.oracle.com/git/kwilk/xen.git.

Ian.