Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Dom0 ACPI S3 patches

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 11:47:26AM -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> [...]
Now, I think, you may really go ahead! ;-) 'nopat' did the trick for me.

> > > Hmmm.. I wonder if you are hitting the writecombine issue I've seen
> > > sometimes.
> > > Just to eliminate it, can you try 'nopat' on the Linux command line?
> > Sure. Do you know any way to make sure I am hitting the writecombine issue
> > fast, so that I can make (kind of) sure everything is working?
> Mysterious applications crashing left and right. Under my box bash stopped
> working right and such. Pretty obvious that something went wrong.
Hmmm... I rethought the workloads I had and found a way to reproduce the
crashes -- more or less reliably:
As I did a complete reinstallation of my notebook, I had a lot of data to
copy. The first bunch of sutff was copied on Dom0 -- this was where I
experienced the crashes; not immediately while copying but a little later
(The warnings in the syslog always happened during copying, btw).
Then -- after I basic setup was done -- I used xm block-attach and copied
tons of stuff within a DomU. I did not experience a single crash while
doing so.

Do you want me to do something to further debug the issue? Just tell me
what I could/should try to do! ;-)

[SNIP]
> > It does not apply at all:
>
> Pfff.. well, I will try to rebase it in a couple of days. Can you ping in a
> week
> if I haven't sent anything to you yet?
Yes, I will! ;-)

-- Adi