Re: [Xen-devel] Signed GPLPV drivers available for download

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Signed GPLPV drivers available for download
From: Tobias Geiger <tobias.geiger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 18:03:04 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:05:11 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
i have very strange effects as soon as i install the GPLPV drivers under
windows7 (64bit):

- no network connection as soon as anything which accesses the graphiccard in
3d mode is started; thats what buffles me most... i can't really tell you more
than that, its really that strange (first i thought of a virus or something
like that, but i was able to circle it down to the gplpv drivers,..)
this also happens with non-signed gplpv drivers, and also with a version prior
to 308 (was it 238?)

- really better read-performance WITH gplpv, but much worse write-performance:
here is the performance without gplpv:
http://img238.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=15846_HDTune_File_Benchmark_QEMU_HARDDISK_VOR_signedGPLPV_122_354lo.jpg

here WITH gplpv:
http://img278.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=15846_HDTune_File_Benchmark_XEN____PV_DISK________NACH_gplpv_SIGNED_122_530lo.jpg