Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Patches for VGA-Passthrough XEN 4.2 unstable

To: Liwei <xieliwei@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Patches for VGA-Passthrough XEN 4.2 unstable
From: Wei Huang <wei.huang2@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:17:04 -0500
Cc: komkon555 <komkon555@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 09:17:51 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Curiously, have you tried crossfire with these two 6870 cards?

-Wei

Personally I'm having positive experiences with AMD cards. Currently
running two ATI 6870s in a 64-bit Windows 7 DomU. Best thing is,
they're working alright without any patches on xen-unstable. However,
similar to what you have experienced, DomU cannot be restarted in this
configuration. It can be fixed, but I haven't got the time to get down
to it.

Regarding your problem with passing through the USB controller, have
you tried it without the VGA passthrough patches? IMO it may not be
related to the passthrough patches.

Best regards
Kom.