RE: [Xen-devel] Xen support online backup?

> Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Xen support online backup?
> Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 21:51:09 +1000
> From: james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: zpfalpc23@xxxxxxxxxxx; xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> > I recently used the Xen virtual machine backup tools, such as 'xm
> save'
> > command. And I found that before this tool save the memory and CPU
> state, it
> > first pauses the VM. Do Xen have same tools for online backup the VMs?
> If it
> > do not have one, can I saty that Xen don't support VM online backup?
> >

> I'm curious... what use is the memory and CPU state in an online backup?
>
> James

Yeah, for example, VMware Workstation have a feature call snapshot manager,
it can make a snapshot of the VM state online, which don't need to pause the
service, etc apache Web server maybe.
I think it dumps the memory and CPU state, oh, and of cause the virtual disk.
So, what I curious about, is how about Xen do the similar things.

Thank you for your reply!

pengfei zhang