[Xen-devel] Help debugging domain builder, qemu upstream and hvmloader

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Help debugging domain builder, qemu upstream and hvmloader
From: Daniel Castro <evil.dani@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:53:19 +0900
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 20:54:04 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello All,

I run into this problem when I modify seabios.
(XEN) hvm.c:1131:d13 Triple fault on VCPU 0 - invoking HVM system reset.

Since there is no fault handlers in the early stages of guest boot I
am in the need to debug the domain builder, upstream qemu and/or
hvmloader to see where exactly the fault is being generated.

I have no experience on debugging and this seems like a good time to start.

Any pointers, or guides anyone can provide me will be of great help.
After this I will document the process for later uses.

PD: Xen is compiled with debugging on, so is qemu and seabios.

Thanks,

Daniel

--