[Xen-devel] Re: Xen, ustable and VGA passthrough

To: Gennady Marchenko <gennady.marchenko@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen, ustable and VGA passthrough
From: Liwei <xieliwei@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 14:08:20 +0800
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 19 May 2011 23:11:34 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date :message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type; bh=830YeD/lnHal3e/Ic4JyehWSIaXQYRSo/WHPlvad0Y0=; b=YClwN+wVj9MpC+W6B1I7nO04yAo7ECORdX+MZivYxe5vNAAY42DgpwY9K1WM+4h6fK iH/S+/r4jActIm6DoUSvmHuzcQ3BlJBzntzoAnzdEvplZzzYGawbLrIR6eoAcX/5TVY3 XH8OKlASDW/S6zCHOUnWH3Z7EVVssNTZxr+Ng=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Gennady!
    Wasn't planning on posting the patch until it works. Also not sure
if it'll end up destroying stuff so, do take care! Not my fault if
unfortunate stuff happens!
    The patch was hastily created on a separate Ubuntu machine with
the source partition mounted, so I couldn't do a compile test nor am I
sure if all the changes I made are in the patch. Tell me if it doesn't
compile after applying the patch, I probably missed a file or two.
    Patch is based on the original VGA passthrough patches posted by
Weidong, modified to account for the ROMBIOS code being moved to its
own file. It includes the claim cycle patch for secondary graphics
card passthrough as well.
    Remember to place your graphics card's firmware into
tools/firmware/vgabios/ after each "make clean".

Regards,
Liwei