Re: [Xen-devel] Building XCP Debian packages: what sources or repo to us

To: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Building XCP Debian packages: what sources or repo to use?
From: Thomas Goirand <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 11:14:24 +0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jonathan Ludlam <Jonathan.Ludlam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 20:15:17 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 05/01/2011 08:35 AM, Todd Deshane wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 9:12 AM, Thomas Goirand <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have started the work of packaging Openstack for Debian. I have
>> already the Nova packages ready for upload, and I'm now working on
>> Glance and Swift.
>>
>> Nova can run Xen, but I have been told that it needs XCP.
>
> Nova should be able to run Xen via libvirt too. I don't know if this
> path has been tested.

I've been told by the people from Rackspace that XCP was the way to go,
as this is what they use.

> take a look here:
> http://www.xen.org/products/cloud_source.html
>
> You may also need to pull sources from the source code CD:
> http://www.xen.org/download/xcp/index.html
>
> (Add Jon Ludlam to the CC he should be able to confirm)
>
> This wiki page may also be helpful to you. The things that apply to
> XenServer apply to XCP as well.
> http://wiki.openstack.org/XenServerDevelopment
>
> You may also find this wiki page to be useful (even though it is
> CentOS-specific)
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XCP_Building_Instructions
>
> Thanks,
> Todd

Thanks for all these links, but in fact, if I'm asking, it is because I
saw all of these documents, and that I'm even more confused. Nowhere, it
tells which file are the release sources to take, which one is
authoritative, which is the repository. There's 2 Git repository
referenced, and 2 hg. No definitive tar.gz to download. On the CD,
there's only some src.rpm files only, no tar.gz either, and what's on
the source CD is quite confusing as well.

So, which one should I use?

Thomas