RE: [Xen-devel] Xen Performance metrics

To: <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Xen Performance metrics
From: <Lu.YJ@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 19:49:21 +0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 23:01:57 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi George,

The  more detail descriptions about performance metrics I have is the enclosure which comes from vkernel.

http://www.vkernel.com/resources/whitepapers/20-vm-performance-metrics?

As I know, the XCP is a xen-based open src SW to build private/public cloud like VMWARE vcloud.

And xm/XEND will be fully replaced by xl/libxl on XEN 4.2.0.

So, do you mean the XCP uses xl/libxl to provide XEN management API?

I can get the latest XEN related docs “XEN management API, user manual and XEN interface” “ from XEN 4.1.0 src code using command “make –C docs”.

Does the XEN management API doc apply to xl/libxl? If no, where to get the latest doc about xl/libxl?

Thanks

YJ