[Xen-devel] IO errors on dom0 with 2.6.32.x kernel compiled from git

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] IO errors on dom0 with 2.6.32.x kernel compiled from git
From: lists@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 12:53:51 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 09:49:01 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi guys,

I'm not 100% I'm correct, but I thought i would ask here anyways.

At first I noticed the guests on my Xen server were no longer reachable by SSH.
Luckily my dom0 still was so i logged in to see what was wrong.

No matter what i did, I kept bumping into "Input/output error" messages..

A hard reset was the only option, and everything came up just fine, and is working again. This is why I suspect some kind of bug with the git xen 2.6.32.x kernel, which is why I'm asking here if anyone has a clue or maybe encountered the same thing before, or - a man can hope - just fixed a similar issue in that kernel ;)

The server had been online for 6 days, running 6 guests without any of them being very loaded. Running Xen 4.0.1, kernel 2.6.32.27, XFS filesystems.

A git pull updated my currently in use code to this:

75cc13f..3d14ce7  xen/stable-2.6.32.x -> origin/xen/stable-2.6.32.x

Any pointers will be very much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Bart Verwilst