Re: [Xen-devel] PoD in other (not GPLPV) drivers

To: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] PoD in other (not GPLPV) drivers
From: George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:59:03 +0000
Cc: xen devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Durrant <paul.durrant@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 04:00:56 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=3Uw9tSboAwXDz9kji0E1VbvIc0ct/eyw4Bu5ihLStwQ=; b=hwWxLItUeNwTWE3HnMEaHwI3gkOx586EAhcBuz6eCH5Cyy4V+y9UrJVmnAiTmuK9eZ 6Ln0tBw8rJxrm/8Rwgcxet7sVW7nQZPpgNMBbwfOFzThOj2IFxdvYM+jfQkWLPTcJSOf tDecgqGBATGfnzFYMWTJ3uoAWnI7UIEiSqi0M=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We tested a wide range of memory parameters for the Citrix PV drivers
on XenServer.  I just asked the guy in charge of that, and he said
that they were able to reliably boot w2k8x32 with memory=128MiB and
maxmem=1024MiB.

I know we had to do make some changes to move the balloon driver
allocation further back in the boot process to make that happen; but
I'm not familiar with the details.  Paul would be the person to ask
about that.

 -George