Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4 TSC problems

To: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4 TSC problems
From: Olivier Hanesse <olivier.hanesse@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 18:58:08 +0100
Cc: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxx>, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>, Keir Fraser <keir.xen@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mark Adams <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 09:59:57 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=83er2lb2e1QNOkQy9U25MztOVRWJ0wtHp8GMXJIF9ws=; b=EbadG16Duyv70AwH3w02pDZMTcdgh77Q1FL+aKLDcdC8ujHlobv+PIFD5jOln1fV6u G+goLLD7bbXAc5AspZvHuwafdil61rowzWDnmydoTgZ3VE4rJl4EHJ3lbR45NrGk5BtP 1x5AqT+RE73wGtZGCKM4kN/OtMgjMFQnjS8dA=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mark is running with a�E5620 Xeon processor.
I got a�L5420.

What is very strange is that this jump is always 50min, not more, not less. And we are not alone with Mark to have this issue.
So it might have an explanation somewhere (bad counter, overflow, bug or somethings).
So maybe this 300 seconds * 10 is a lead.�

Another point, what is the number "warp" really means, in the output of "xm debug-key -s".
Should I monitor this number ? �Maybe I could predict a jump by watching this value ?