[Xen-devel] xen-unstable on OL6 (RHEL6 clone) problems

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable on OL6 (RHEL6 clone) problems
From: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 14:26:00 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 14:27:26 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Due to some other commitments, it's been awhile since I've built
a xen-unstable-based system, and with Oracle Linux 6 (a RHEL6
clone) just released and with Xen 4.1 in release candidates, I
decided to install and test on a new machine.

As I sort-of expected, it's not going real well due to tools
changes that I don't understand how to get around or fix.  I'm
not a sysadmin guru so some or all of the problems may be
trivial, and various googling helped a bit.

One that I can't figure out is when I try to start xend,
I get a long sequence of:

/sys/class/net/virbr0/bridge: No such file or directory
/sys/class/net/virbr0/bridge: No such file or directory
/sys/class/net/virbr0/bridge: No such file or directory
/sys/class/net/virbr0/bridge: No such file or directory

and networking in a guest fails to work.  This directory
DOES exist.  And "brctl show" seems to be the source of
those messages.

In one semi-related googled link, I found that libvirtd
may cause some problems, so I disabled that.  No luck,
but the messages change to:

/sys/class/net/tmpbridge/bridge: No such file or directory

and starting xend caused my dom0 networking to go down.

Any clues?  I'm guessing that I have to manually set up some
network bridges that I never had to deal with before, but
don't have any idea how to do that.

Thanks,
Dan

P.S. Don't know if it is related, but I see in dmesg several:
        XENBUS: Unable to read cpu state
and a

virbr0: starting userspace STP failed, starting kernel STP