Re: [Xen-devel] Disk schedulers

Please don't top post.

On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 15:34 +0000, Paresh Nakhe wrote:
> I was talking about dom0 here. We know that IO schedulers can be
> switched at runtime. They are not fixed at compile time configuration.
>
> After going through the code for IO schedulers, we realized that these
> were actually modules. If this is the case, we should be able to see
> them in /proc/modules which is not happening.

/proc/modules is core kernel functionality and I don't see how this
behaviour would differ from native.

Modules don't actually show up in /proc/modules until you load them.
This works for me.

quartz:~# modprobe deadline-iosched
quartz:~# cat /proc/modules
deadline_iosched 3671 0 - Live 0xf90e0000
nfsd 83866 11 - Live 0xf9098000
exportfs 3143 1 nfsd, Live 0xf8f08000
rtc_cmos 8147 0 - Live 0xf7c62000
rtc_core 14509 1 rtc_cmos, Live 0xf7c35000
rtc_lib 2428 1 rtc_core, Live 0xf7c04000

Ian.