Re: [Xen-devel] More issues with xl on 4.1.0-rc

To: Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] More issues with xl on 4.1.0-rc
From: M A Young <m.a.young@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 15:10:30 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 07:11:34 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 4 Feb 2011, Stefano Stabellini wrote:

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011, M A Young wrote:
I have spotted another couple of bugs when testing with xl on 4.1.0-rc and
a xen/next-2.6.38 based kernel.

If I use pygrub as a boot loader and run xl create -c host then
the console disconnects once pygrub is finished. I can reconnect to the
console session but it is a bit annoying to have to do so.

If I set vfb = [ 'sdl' ] in the configuration file, then I can type in the
window produced, but the mouse doesn't work (the pointer stays fixed in
the middle of the window). Alao clicking on the window doesn't trigger the
"grab keyboard and mouse" mode, though I can manually trigger it and leave
it using the ctrl-alt key combination.

Thank you very much for reporting these bugs.
I have just fixed the first one, but I cannot reproduce the second one
(however I am using X remoting because I don't have an X server on my
testbox).

Thanks for the first fix. The mouse problem is reproducible over remote X (ssh -X) and if I use vnc rather than sdl. Do you have any idea how we might debug this?

        Michael Young