[Xen-devel] Xen 4.1.0 RC3 released

To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.1.0 RC3 released
From: Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 17:55:00 +0000
Cc: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 09:58:36 -0800
Newsgroups: chiark.mail.xen.devel
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have just tagged 4.1.0-rc3 in http://xenbits.xen.org/staging/xen-unstable.hg

Please carry on testing, with this new release candidate.

Given the number of outstanding bugs, and the queue of outstanding
patches, and the Chinese New Year (which has a holiday which coincides
with our original final week or two of freeze), we're going to slip
the freeze schedule by a week right now and consider the question
again next Monday.

So our schedule now looks like this.

We are here:

 |   Feature code freeze
 |
 |     Bugfixes are allowed provided they are not high-risk.
 |
 |     No new features will be committed.

This is coming up soon:

 |   Slushy code freeze
 |   after 7 Feb
 |
 |     Bugfixes are allowed but only if they either:
 |         - fix an important bug; or
 |         - are very trivial and low-risk.
 |
 |     All changes to receive a formal ack from a maintainer other than
 |     the committer.
 |
 |   Hard code freeze
 |   after 14 Feb
 |
 |     No further patches other than for release-critical bugs.
 |
 |     All changes to receive a formal ack from a maintainer other than
 |     the committer.
 |
 |   Release.
 |   planned for 21 Feb
 |
 |   In all cases, the plan is subject to modification, and to the making
 |   of freeze exceptions by the maintainers following consultation.

Ian.