Re: [Xen-devel] PCI passthrough issue

Hello,

Le 14/01/2011 15:53, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk a écrit :
>> Tought I told it in my previou smails. Sorry to missed it:
>
> You probably did and I missed it too. Good that you have those options, now:
>
> .. snip ..
>>> What does tcpdump tell you when you try to send it at -s86?
>>
>> I can see echo requests coming in on my gateway, replies going back but
>> replies are never received on the domU.
>
> What is the NIC you are using? Is it a Intel one? What does /proc/interrupts
> look like?

The NIC I use is "Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit
Ethernet Controller", not Intel, with sky2 driver.

# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
 55:       1393  xen-pirq-pcifront-msi  sky2@pci:0000:00:00.0
246:        202   xen-dyn-event     blkif
247:        103   xen-dyn-event     hvc_console
248:        603   xen-dyn-event     pcifront
249:        259   xen-dyn-event     xenbus
250:          0  xen-percpu-ipi       callfuncsingle0
251:          0  xen-percpu-virq      debug0
252:          0  xen-percpu-ipi       callfunc0
253:          0  xen-percpu-ipi       resched0
254:          0  xen-percpu-ipi       spinlock0
255:     246058  xen-percpu-virq      timer0
NMI:          0   Non-maskable interrupts
LOC:          0   Local timer interrupts
SPU:          0   Spurious interrupts
PMI:          0   Performance monitoring interrupts
IWI:          0   IRQ work interrupts
RES:          0   Rescheduling interrupts
CAL:          0   Function call interrupts
TLB:          0   TLB shootdowns
TRM:          0   Thermal event interrupts
THR:          0   Threshold APIC interrupts
MCE:          0   Machine check exceptions
MCP:          0   Machine check polls
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

> Can you send me the full domU output? What does the Xen hypervisor mapping
> look like
Output are attached to this mail.

> (xm debug-keys q, xm debug-keys Q, xm debug-keys i)? What is the motherboard
> you have?
dmidecode
Handle 0x0002, DMI type 2, 15 bytes
Base Board Information
        Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
        Product Name: M3N18L T-M3N8200
        Version: Rev x.xx
        Serial Number: MS1C85B07000633
        Asset Tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
        Features:
                Board is a hosting board
                Board is replaceable
        Location In Chassis: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
        Chassis Handle: 0x0003
        Type: Motherboard
        Contained Object Handles: 0

> Did you look up to see if there are any errate for the motherboard or the NIC
> you are using?
No, since everything was working fine (before I decided to test PCI
passthrough).

> Do you have the latest firmware for the NIC and the latest BIOS for your
> motherboard?
Not sure. Will check

> Is the OpenWRT kernel you are using one that you built yourself or do they
> package it
> for you? Can you try using a vaniall built one (2.6.37 vanilla is perfect).
It is packaged by openWRT Builroot. Just have to set the kernel version
I want to use.
Will try a vanilla kernel as soon as possible.

> Is this a 64-bit kernel or 32-bit? Can you try using a 64-bit one (you should
> be
> able to run a 64-bit kernel alongside 32-bit userspace).
OK, will try it as well.

Regards,
JB