[Xen-devel] Crash on boot with 2.6.37-rc8-git3

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Crash on boot with 2.6.37-rc8-git3
From: M A Young <m.a.young@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 22:01:56 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 14:04:19 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The latest Fedora based 2.6.37 kernels have stopped booting for me under xen. They stopped working around -rc7 but I think the trigger is that various debug options were turned off. My hardware won't let me get serial output, so I have tried booting it within kvm, and got the attached output - the behaviour was similar to bare metal, though I don't see enough to know if it is exactly the same crash. The kernel used has no additional xen patches, though I am seeing similar behaviour for kernels with patches from xen-next-2.6.37. The crash looks like it is something to do with irq.

        Michael Young