Re: [Xen-users] What NAS device(s) do you use? And why?

To: rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] What NAS device(s) do you use? And why?
From: David Gonzalez Herrera <dgonzalezh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 13:18:59 -0500
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 10:20:21 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well my two cents on this,

As NAS/SAN I use a Rackable Systems server with CentOS 5.5 x64, 4 1TB disks and bonded Ethernet NICs, I built that box for about $500 disks are SATA II, and NICs are integrated Broadcom GiE, and if you wan scalability it's just a matter of getting more units and stack'em using GFS or something, I haven't set that up ever, I just create new RAD arrays and mount points as the need grows.

If you want something bigger than 2U there's aklways the good old Proliant DL585 which is a monster 4U, and I've seen 8U beasts on eBay, so I guess it's just a matter of looking into it, and don't forget the lame Dell powervaults.

Hope this is some sort of guideline for your project,

Good luck.

---
David Gonzalez H.
DGHVoIP - OPEN SOURCE TELEPHONY SOLUTIONS
Phone Bogot�+(57-1)289-1168
Phone Medellin: +(57-4)247-0985
Mobile: +(57)315-838-8326
MSN: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx