Re: [Xen-devel] Re: how to handle paged hypercall args?

To: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: how to handle paged hypercall args?
From: Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 10:25:15 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 01:26:28 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; t=1291713921; l=665; s=domk; d=aepfle.de; h=In-Reply-To:Content-Type:MIME-Version:References:Subject:Cc:To:From: Date:X-RZG-CLASS-ID:X-RZG-AUTH; bh=3nqZGeFqJz4qJ4Iet1ICMtTxps4=; b=a4TVoqDHjK+JND3HOuhPNh3bmjhTWBLpUCS2DD+zNfU/sSuxcZHyyGljriOFC1KEvly 4P6MO6Y2vvF6uXHZxbXf7WWmbFZ/ZoEzH8vxy1JKIjo1FVEmYRdPYJYl7vtXddlOXPsf0 6jqX3TFPOiY9m1TOV2yq44GcbN3Hz3OW0gI=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Dec 02, Keir Fraser wrote:

> Since your current patch is conceptually quite broken anyway, there is
> little point in chasing down the crash. It might have something to do with
> allocating the waitqueue_head on the local stack -- which you would never
> want to do in a correct usage of waitqueues. So, back to square one and try
> again I'm afraid.

Keir,

yesterday I sent out my patch queue for xen-unstable. I think the
approach to wait the active vcpu in p2m_mem_paging_populate() and wakeup
the vcpu in p2m_mem_paging_resume() could work.
However, something causes what looks like stack corruption.

Any idea whats going on?

Olaf