Re: [Xen-devel] Re: pvops kernel branches - 2.6.36 options, stable/next/

> > Well, I am working on a PCI E820 hole thingie,
>

> If this for the 4GB mem limit on pvops domUs?

Yup. I got it to boot nicely yesterday too. The patches are in
devel/e820-hole, _but_ you need patches for the toolstack. Those
aren't ready yet (they are quite skanky right now).

> > Hmm, so the difference between that and the upstream is the PVonHVM and
> > the initial domain 0 support (all in Stefano's tree).
> >

> I tried disabling the  CONFIG_XEN_PVHVM with no change. (see the "2.6.37-rc1
> mainline domU - BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request" thread.
> Is that sufficient to eliminate the PnonHVM from the equation?

Yes should be. And based on your output it doesn't seem to make much difference.

I think bisecting the code and just running as DomU PV (without PCI passthrough)
and trying different kernels: 2.6.36, 2.6.35, 2.6.34 and seeing if you get the
same or similar hang can help us a bit. If you can get hold of Boris you could
both coordinate this?

I've got to fix this AMD bootup hang, but once I am done I can switch over to
this,
unless somebody else picks it up (Jeremy, Stefano, Ian?)