[Xen-devel] sharing memory between qemu and domu without grant tables or

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] sharing memory between qemu and domu without grant tables or vmexits...
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 16:27:08 +1100
Delivery-date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 22:27:58 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is it possible to share a page of memory between qemu in dom0 and domu
without using grant tables and without domu access to that page causing
a vmexit?

To set up a custom kernel debug dll under windows I need to load very
early, much earlier than my PV drivers. To have any hope of usefully
increasing the speed over serial port debugging I need to be able to
transfer data faster than 1-byte-per-vmexit...

Thanks

James