Re: [Xen-devel] pv-ops domU not working with MSI interrupts on Nehalem

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 02:36:47PM -0700, Bruce Edge wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
> <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 02:12:22PM -0700, Bruce Edge wrote:

> >> Konrad,
> >> To try eliminate the remaining differences here, could you post your
> >> dom0/domU config files?
> >
> > Sure. See attached
>
> Konrad,
> That made a big difference. Looks much better now. It's been kicked
> over to several developers who have each got our tachyon driver
> working a little bit better.

Hmm, I didn't really try to do anything fancy with the configs. Any
inklings of what config option might have caused all this headache?

> Now the sticking point is an apparent limitation on the amount of
> memory one can request using pci_map_single. It appears that we can
> only ask for 256K or less.  We need a 2MB DMA buffer.

You can't use SG buffers? And chain them together and provide them
to the device? A lot of other drivers do this ...

> Is there some alternate mechanism for getting a larger physically
> contiguous buffer under pvops?

Why the contiguous requirement?