[Xen-devel] Re: xen dependant on pcpu 0 ?

>>> On 13.10.10 at 15:36, Sander Eikelenboom <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> it's this one:
> WARN_ON(msi->table_base != read_pci_mem_bar(bus, slot, func, bir));

Yeah, read_pci_mem_bar() uses an inverted mask in two places.
Would you remove the ~ from the two uses of PCI_BASE_ADDRESS_MEM_MASK
in that function and try again?

(Yunhong, you had tested the patch that introduced this, and this
warning would basically trigger unconditionally as it stands. Didn't
you notice that in your logs?)

The main thing however, if I correctly remember the context of this
thread, is that this code was only recently introduced and doesn't
exist in the 4.0 tree, so your original problem is unlikely caused by it.

> I have added some printk's .. and read_pci_mem_bar seems to return a bogus
> value .. the pba_addr is used later in the function, but i can't oversee if
> and when this could have implications.
> This also occurs when disabling the pci_resource_align on the kernel line.
> In the same function it seems to trigger
>            if ( d )
>             {
>                 /* XXX How to deal with existing mappings? */
>             }
>
> Which seems to be a bit odd for a freshly booted system with no domU
> restarts ?

No, the comment refers to potentially existing mappings (which
would need to be actively searched for). It doesn't mean there have
to be any.

Jan