Re: [Xen-devel] Is there a way to get consistant time across different V

To: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Is there a way to get consistant time across different VMs?
From: walmart <vmwalmart@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 19:31:16 -0700
Cc: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 19:36:11 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:sender:received :in-reply-to:references:from:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id :subject:to:cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=b/ToLkgZ4lDdeKdG0rgsBkidIz0gOkSksZKta6mhO1c=; b=v6Yrm/MRqEvJxxfoR4qhrqMwn8ELUiTu11LravWZik8zsnbs40hTM3Du2OI7l8DOQl HaAd7g/Cdotpdd3m5JtvKj72OddGA/JS/0KSI5R18HhuDX7GYRd8Q65ZTdMGNqilXhLm epBZ9IBdeNr7OWSRwPSsVC08qX0kS542wcnRk=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, Jeremy:

Thanks for the reply.

I have pinned two VMs on the same core (1 VCPU per VM), but the rdtsc
reading from them are different. What I want are monotonicity,
accuracy, and low cost.

I think I'll try to turn on rdtsc emulation.I found this on the web:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/cgi-bin/extract-mesg.cgi?a=xen-devel&m=2009-08&i=830e5c23-96f5-4e79-9f11-3884735e1c33%40default

I'll try that.

thanks very much!

Best!