Re: [Xen-devel] Patch fixing vlan handling when network-bridge scriptis

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Patch fixing vlan handling when network-bridge scriptis used
From: Michael Brade <brade@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 20:25:42 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 11:26:45 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Friday 20 August 2010 01:11:18 Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
>  On 08/19/2010 08:59 AM, Michael Brade wrote:
> > But I had to add the "ethtool -K $vif tx off" to vif-bridge to fix the
> > checksums error. Maybe this could be added by default with a check for
> > ethtool?
>
> This was a problem in pvops dom0 kernels a long time ago, but it has
> been fixed for... maybe a year?  If you're still having problems without
> the ethtool, please report them.

I did in my last mail and now I also added it to Bugzilla. Do you have enough
information in that entry or do I need to add other things as well?

Btw, it did work with HVM where the guest communicates over the tap1.0
interface, it just doesn't work with PV-guests on the vif1.0 interface. What
is the difference between the two, why does HVM use one and PV the other?

cheers,
--
Michael Brade;                                              KDE Developer
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 4: Beyond Your Expectations