Re: [Xen-devel] upstream merge status for 2.6.35, .36?

On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 11:22:25AM -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> > OK, so if #1 and #2 will hopefully get in by the time the merge window
> > closes (within two weeks time), the opportunity for core/dom0 is effectively
>
> Aug 14/15th.
>
> > closed for .36?
>
> Yes.

OK, so PV PCI pass-through and PV ticket locks are at least definitely
planned to be submitted for inclusion in .37?

I skimmed the previous two dom0 upstreaming to-do lists in presentations,
and I'd appreciate it if someone could provide some more current information
regarding them:

* is the code in xen/dom0/acpi-next and xen/dom0/apic-next, nowadays part
  of xen/stable, upstreamable per se, or are there still parts of that
  which would be objectionable upstream?

* is the PAT issue resolved? I can't seem to find the patch disabling it
  in xen/stable any more, so it looks like it's no longer an issue, but
  maybe I just looked in the wrong place.

* what happened to the PG_FOREIGN issue - xen/stable still has it in the
  original (.18) form? From what I can see, it's for marking memory pages
  for/from some other Xen domain, presumably for netback performance etc.
  Could this be e.g. ripped out in a separate branch that would just allow
  for the upstreaming of the rest of dom0 code?

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.