RE: [Xen-devel] ACPI-Tables corrupted?

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Juergen Gross <juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] ACPI-Tables corrupted?
From: "Jiang, Yunhong" <yunhong.jiang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 15:37:10 +0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "Kay, Allen M" <allen.m.kay@xxxxxxxxx>, Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Han, Weidong" <weidong.han@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 00:38:13 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry that I didn't notice it is for crash kernel. In fact, I tried kexec
before and never succed to bring it up.

What do you mean of "stab at disabling x2apic"? You mean we need disable x2apic
before transfer control to crash kernel, right?

Per my understanding, with kexec, when system crash, it will jump directly to
new kernel's entry point, no guest destroy (i.e. clean-up), not reset signal to
cpu/chipset, right?
If yes, another issue need be considered is VT-d. I didn't find the vt-d
disable code in xen's kexec_crash code, if the new kernel has no idea of vt-d
(thus does not reset the vt-d engine), it may have trouble. Or, will the kexec
kernel not use device assigned to guest?

Of course it is ok if crash kernel support vt-d too.

Thanks
--jyh