[Xen-devel] xen-unstable+pvops kernel, I don't have xenbus and xenwatch

To: Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable+pvops kernel, I don't have xenbus and xenwatch kernel thread.
From: Min Lee <min.lee@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 11:05:44 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 08:06:50 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello. folks.
I've tried Xen-unstable + Jeremy's pvops kernel on ibm x3550M2 server machine, on centos 5.4.
Also I've already checked these instructions..
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/2.6.18-to-2.6.31-and-higher
Now, it seems like domain creation cannot find its virtual devices..
So I couldn't start my domains. I had these messages..

xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory
Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.
Error: Device 2049 (vbd) could not be connected. Path closed or removed during hotplug add: backend/vbd/5/2049 state: 1

/proc/xen has these files.

-r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jun  8 09:57 capabilities
-rw------- 1 root root 0 Jun  8 09:57 privcmd
-rw------- 1 root root 0 Jun  8 09:57 xenbus
-rw------- 1 root root 0 Jun  8 09:57 xsd_kva
-rw------- 1 root root 0 Jun  8 09:57 xsd_port

'make install-tools' didn't install links in my /etc/rc directories,
so I had to run manually xenconsoled, xenstored, and xend, but
I found that I have no xenbus and xenwatch kernel threads.
Is this why it can't finds virtual devices??

Almost all Xen-related configs in .config are enabled.
for example, this is part of .config

CONFIG_XEN_BACKEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_BACKEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_BACKEND=y
# CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_TAP is not set
CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_VPCI=y
# CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_PASS is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_SLOT is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_CONTROLLER is not set
CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BE_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_XENFS=y
CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_XENFS=y
CONFIG_XEN_SYS_HYPERVISOR=y