[Xen-devel] Can't hotplug SCSI disk in Xen4.0

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Can't hotplug SCSI disk in Xen4.0
From: <wenche_chang@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 15:43:21 +0800
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 00:44:05 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I use virsh attach-disk to attach a volume to a running VM

After execution, I use “virsh dumpxml“ to see the config and it shows

<disk type='file' device='disk'>

 <driver name='file'/>

  <source file='/tmp/testvolume'/>

  <target dev='sdc' bus='scsi'/>

</disk>

The problem is, I can’t find the scsi disk, if I don’t reboot this VM

Detach also causes some problems

I tried the following commands when VM is running

[root@localhost ~]# virsh detach-disk centos sdc
error: Failed to detach disk
error: POST operation failed: xend_post: error from xen daemon: (xend.err 'Device 2080 (vbd) could not be disconnected. ')

[root@localhost ~]# xm block-detach centos sdc
Error: Device sdc (vbd) could not be disconnected.

When VM is off

[root@localhost ~]# virsh detach-disk centos sdc
error: Failed to detach disk
error: Unknown failure

xm block-detach centos sdc can success.

any idea about this problem?

TREND MICRO EMAIL NOTICE
The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.