Re: [Xen-devel] Re: a xen question

On Fri, 7 May 2010, Anh Nguyen wrote:
> Sorry. The table format was lost in the previous email.
> Audio
> ES1370 emulation es1370.c
> Soundblaster 16 emulation sb16.c
> Graphic
> VGA Emulator vga*
> Cirrus CLGD 54xx VGA Emulator cirrus_vga.c

> Xen Console xen_console.c

this is not emulated hardware but a paravirtualized backend for PV guests

> QEMU VNC display driver ..\vnc.c

this is just a qemu display driver, to render the guest framebuffer
using vnc

> Net
> e1000 Ethernet emulation e1000*
> NE2000 emulation ne2000.c
> QEMU RTL8139 emulation rtl8139.c
> Other
> PC System Emulator pc.c, ..\vl.c
> PCI pci*
> PCI MSI support pt-msi.c

pt-msi and pass-through.c are for direct assignment of real pci devices
to the guest

> QEMU PC keyboard emulation pckbd.c
> QEMU VMMouse emulation vmmouse.c

I don't think we use this

> PS/2 Port ps2*
> QEMU MC146818 RTC emulation mc146818rtc.c

the rtc emulator is in xen

> usb usb*, ..\usb*
> Battery Management battery_mgmt*
> DMA emulation dma.c, ..\dma*
> Floppy disk emulator (Intel 82078) fdc*
> QEMU IDE disk and CD/DVD-ROM Emulator ide.c, cdrom.c
> LSI53C895A SCSI Host Bus Adapter emulation lsi53c895a.c
> ACPI & PIIX acpi, piix*
> QEMU 8253/8254 interval timer emulation i8254.c
> QEMU 8259 interrupt controller emulation i8259.c

both the timer and interrupt controller emulators are in xen

> QEMU Parallel PORT emulation parallel.c
> PC speaker emulation pcspk.c
> APIC apic.c

the apic emulator is in xen

> ISA Bus isa*

we don't use this

> 16550A UART emulation serial.c
> SCSI Device emulation scsi*
> TPM tpm*
> High Precisition Event Timer emulation hpet*

the hpet emulator is in xen

> QEMU I2C bus interface i2c*

we don't use these

> SMBus device emulation smbus*

we don't use these

> Virtio Devices virtio*

we don't use these

> VMPort emulation vmport.c

we don't use this

> XEN event channel device xen_platform*
> Xen paravirt framebuffer xenfb*, ..\xenfbfront.c

this is not emulated hardware but another PV backend for PV guests

> XenStore ..\xenstore.c

this is to interface qemu with xenstore