RE: [Xen-devel] ACPI suspend/resume on Dell Inspirons 1464/1564/1764

To: "Jeremy Fitzhardinge" <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] ACPI suspend/resume on Dell Inspirons 1464/1564/1764
From: "Roger Cruz" <roger.cruz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 18:06:22 -0500
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:11:14 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is my understanding that my colleague tried the upstream on a bear metal and it works but when the same patch is applied to our 2.6.32 dom0 xen kernel, it does not.  He believes he issue needs to be addressed in the hypervisor's resume path.  I'm just jumping into this problem right now so I'm coming up to speed.  I wanted to first find out from the community if anyone else had seen a similar issue.  It is a tough problem for us to debug as we don't have any serial port on these Dell machines so we have no indication on how far the resume code has reached.

Thanks
Roger