[Xen-devel] Measuring the amount of memory read/written (basically touch

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Measuring the amount of memory read/written (basically touched) by a domU
From: "Yuvraj Agarwal" <yuvraj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 12:21:54 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Mon, 03 May 2010 12:22:53 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

We want to measure the amount of memory that a domU touches while its
running, and if possible even get a breakdown between memory read/written.
We want to basically do these measurements for some windows domUs (XP,
vista, 7) and perhaps even linux domU's on top of XEN... Does anyone know
how do I can get this information easily? Has anyone done something like
this already?

My test system is using XEN 4.0 + 2.6.32 pvops kernel -- (Ubuntu 9.10)

Thanks!
Yuvraj