Re: [Xen-devel] XEN 4.0 + 2.6.31.13 pvops kernel : system crashes on sta

To: Yuvraj Agarwal <yuvraj@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] XEN 4.0 + 2.6.31.13 pvops kernel : system crashes on starting 155th domU
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 01:43:50 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 17:44:51 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 27/04/2010 08:41, "Yuvraj Agarwal" <yuvraj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Attached is the output of /var/log/daemon.log and /var/log/xen/xend.log, but
> as far as we can see we don¹t quite know what might be going causing the
> system to crash (no console access anymore and system becomes unresponsive and
> needs to be power-cycled).  I have pasted only the relevant bits of
> information (the last domU that did successfully start and the next one that
> failed). It may be the case that all the log messages weren¹t flushed before
> the system crashed?
>
> Does anyone know where this limit of 155 domU is coming from and how we can
> fix/increase it?

Get a serial line on a test box, and capture Xen logging output on it. You
can both see if any crash messages come from Xen when the 155th domain is
created, and also try the serial debug keys (e.g., try 'h' to get help to
start with) to see whether Xen itself is still alive.

 -- Keir